[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Duali and misc.
- To: developer at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: Duali and misc.
- From: Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org>
- Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:15:13 +0400
- Organization: Arabeyes Project
I have just committed M.Yousif's contributed code to CVS. Duali is
certainly not ready yet -- but the contributed code does give us a big
boost. It implements the most important class (aralex.py in the Python
version), which is named 'lexicon' here.
There are two major problems we have now:
- Duali currently depends on both PME and Glib2. The Glib2 is not
something I'm beating myself over, but PME is not exactly your
most popular library. I am yet to find a distribution that
includes the package.
+ Licensing (the damned licenses)
- As we all know (and some hate), Duali is under the BSD License.
PME is written under the LGPL. I know using it is not an issue.
Does anyone know if including it in the code tree, under
contrib/ or similar going to be an issue? (to resolve the