[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ITL ready for release ?
- To: developer at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: ITL ready for release ?
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:34:53 -0800 (PST)
I have just check-in the promised 'ical' application to the ITL project's
"hijri" branch. I continue to seek the following to speed the process
and to release this library (it is _now_ a complete replacement for
'hdate' sans the moon-phase calculations and output which I think we
can live without),
1. Testing which results in comments/feedback/bug-reports/advice
2. I would _really_ like to see the umm_alqura.c file revamped
completely (would someone familiar with algorithm be willing to
rewrite it so that its readable, maintainable and uses the structs
defined in hijri.h, etc) ?
3. I am still unsure of how to release both 'prayertime' and 'hijri'
as a single ITL library. Do we need to consolidate things in CVS
first (Elzubeir ?) or simply mangle it on the side somehow (yuck).
Please spare us any "separate release" talks :-)
4. Longer term - we really need to replace (as noted in an earlier
thread) the archaic hijri calculation code (its from 1990) with
something more accurate and precise (Roozbeh, had mentioned a
book from Reingold, et al).
The code is ready and available in CVS (as noted I want it released soon),
Thamer, any updates/plans on 'prayertime' ?
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes