RE: CUPS hacking

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> >From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
> >  1. Without _any_ modifications does CUPS work for you ?  If not then
> >     I think the cups development community needs to correct any problems
> >     or misconfiguration (ie. we need it working flawlessly for you from
> >     the get-go).
>
> will check that as im working with version 1.2.x from cvs.
> i'll also just use the final stable version, which was 1.1.x
>
> >  2. Once #1 is solved, we need to tell the CUPS developers our plans
> >     and get any insight they might have on what we can/should do in terms
> >     of adding Arabic.  This would also be the time to ask them about how
> >     best to debug the code and the entire process.
>
> maybe we can fork step 1 and step 2 ?

I don't think you mean fork - you mean do 'em concurrently ;-)

> while i check if cups 1.1.x works OK out-of-the-box, do please contact them.
>
> if you're going to contact them, let me know first so i can tell you about
> my findings and you'd ask about them..

Hehehe, I think we'd be better off if you did this as well
(the PuTTY contact experience should have helped), else I
become again the bottle-neck for progress.  If you are adamant
about me doing the contacting, let me know what needs to be said.

> to post to the cups.development newsgroup:
> http://cups.org/newsgroups.php?gcups.development+Gcups+n
>
> or the mailing list that mirrors it:
>
> this is called a Software Trouble Report
> http://cups.org/str.php

Thanks - I'll await your thoughts and results on point-1 above
as well as comments on how best to do this.