RE: CUPS hacking

From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> >From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
> > 1. Without _any_ modifications does CUPS work for you ? If not then
> > I think the cups development community needs to correct any problems
> > or misconfiguration (ie. we need it working flawlessly for you from
> > the get-go).
>
> will check that as im working with version 1.2.x from cvs.
> i'll also just use the final stable version, which was 1.1.x

its safe to say that 1.1.x works fine, but 1.2.x, that i got from CVS then hangs a lot.

> > 2. Once #1 is solved, we need to tell the CUPS developers our plans
> > and get any insight they might have on what we can/should do in terms
> > of adding Arabic. This would also be the time to ask them about how
> > best to debug the code and the entire process.
>
> maybe we can fork step 1 and step 2 ?

I don't think you mean fork - you mean do 'em concurrently ;-)

im begining to chicken out of this. (i mean the whole CUPS thing) :)

> while i check if cups 1.1.x works OK out-of-the-box, do please contact them.
>
> if you're going to contact them, let me know first so i can tell you about
> my findings and you'd ask about them..

Hehehe, I think we'd be better off if you did this as well
(the PuTTY contact experience should have helped), else I
become again the bottle-neck for progress.  If you are adamant
about me doing the contacting, let me know what needs to be said.