Re: we need a new arabbix release

Hello Omar:

rsync allows you to download only the difference in the files including binary files, whic is pretty cool stuff.

Here is the website for it : http://rsync.samba.org/

Salam

Anmar

Omar Abo-Namous wrote:
On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 10:58:28 -0700, Anmar Oueja wrote:

Hello Mohammed:

Well you are in luck :)

Arabbix 0.8.1 is gonna be out in less than a week. April 13th is the
deadline. I have alot of fixes in it and upgrades.. yo gonna like it.

Unfortunately, it does not have GNOME 2.6 (this should be out with the
Arabbix 0.9 release).

The HD installer is suppose to be fixed (from the morphix tree) and a
few other glitches.

I would be glad to test the new releases as they come.

Omar

PS: i don't know how that rsync thingie works, can you point me to a good man?

What I am looking for is testers on as many windows hardware as possible
especially using the HD installers.

Please let me know.

Also, this time I want to distribute the test releases using rsync so
you download the image once then sumply get the updates to speed testing.

What do you think.

There is alot of work needed for Arabbix 0.9 that I am formulating and
will share once 0.8.1. is out. I would most definitely need and love to
work wit you on it.

Cheers..

Anmar

Mohammed Sameer wrote:

salam anmar,
As you noticed, we'll arrange an install feast, there'll be live CDs
to demonstrate and give away. Arabbix is the 1st of them, but as you
know, arabbix have some remaining issues.
Now we need a new release, and i'm ready to help as much as I can,
I'm a debian guy as you know, And I've remastered morphix once.
But please please please this must be done :|