Re: Is Akka (cvs) working?

Salaam Muhammad,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "then I tried to use a
configuration file" but anyway, your error looks to me like it's a problem
of version conflicts (not your fault) as perl hasn't been consistant in its
ionternals and interfacing API AFAIR. So I'm afraid I don't have a magical
answer for you. Usually a macro somewhere can fix it (for you it might
be -D_GNU_SOURCE according to a quick google search) and if doesn't work
out, try synchronizing swig and perl by playing with the libs and include
headers versions (try to make sure swig's dependencies correspond to the
exact perl version they indicate, minor included - and I'm not talking about
the package here but the actual files).

Since I've seen this error (or a similar one) quite often, I think it would
make users' life easier to remove at least the perl interfacing layer (of
not the corba one too) and replace it with C client (and maybe a more common
sockets layer), but I'm too lazy to go back on it. If you feel brave enough
for the task, I can give you a hand to start up.

Regards,
Chahine