Re: Is Akka (cvs) working?

Salaam,

On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 02:06, Chahine M. HAMILA wrote:
> Salaam Muhammad,
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "then I tried to use a
> configuration file" but anyway, your error looks to me like it's a problem
I was trying to run akka-conf.pl, to be specific.
> of version conflicts (not your fault) as perl hasn't been consistant in its
> ionternals and interfacing API AFAIR. So I'm afraid I don't have a magical
I assumed so, so I mentioned the actual versions of perl and swig.

> Since I've seen this error (or a similar one) quite often, I think it would
> make users' life easier to remove at least the perl interfacing layer (of
> not the corba one too) and replace it with C client (and maybe a more common
> sockets layer), but I'm too lazy to go back on it. If you feel brave enough
> for the task, I can give you a hand to start up.
I was actually thinking of rewriting it in python, as I think it is more
consistent than perl, and get rid completely of the swig part. I will be
thankful if you give me a push, as I have no internal knowledge of
fribidi, akka and other packages involved.
If you have a specific reason for rewriting in C not python, please
mention it.

Thanks in advance,
karouri

--