Re: A new project ??

Thankx for the answer,

So it seems to be about fribidi then ?

But i'm not so sure about what you want exactly

In fact I want my program to be capable to display arabic strings. As simple as that ;) For example you draw a function y=x and you want that the axis are named in arabic and to be capable to put some text over the plot, legends etc...

Thanks again

Youcef

Embedded reply
My Inbox Happily Received This From Youcef-Rabah Rahal @ Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:04:25 +0200

First of all I would like to apologize for not keeping my promises... In july I said I would contribute to katoob and then after some troubles on my PC I went on vacation... It seems since then that katoob is flying ;) congratulations to M. Sameer and others who contributed in the project, keep the good work !

No problem,
Thanks too, but katoob is not really driven by me only
Thanks to all who helped even with a small idea, "i didn't say names not to forget anyone"

Since my program is "totally" written with xlib, here is my question: where do I start in order to make my program "speaks" arabic. I think it has something to do with pango, but what is pango and how it works ???

I think you don't need pango, Perhaps what you need is fribidi for conversion between
encoding and/or manipulating the bidi control codes
pango is mainly for rendering, which i suppose can be handled by Xlib ?
I think that Xlib can handle the display of UTF-8 text "Xutf8DrawString for example"

But i'm not so sure about what you want exactly

--
-- Katoob Main Developer "http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Katoob";;