Re: User Database

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> I have run a smallish script that outputs some interesting stats (log
> below). Please note that the multiple registrations detection is not
> very significant (it only detects ppl that have the same last name !),
> but you can see that many of them are indeed related to the same person.

It would be best to also grab the IP address of where they are coming
in from and log that as an identifier to relieve ourselves from multiple
registrations from the same person.

> The most interesting stats are those related to accounts that have never
> been used (no cvs commit) and are inactive (registered at least 60 days
> ago): 71% !! I personally would dump such accounts (with a few
> exceptions maybe).

Not sure what 'dump such accounts' mean - but I think we ought to retain
them in our databases but flag them as 'dead' or similar.