Re: Translator guide

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <yrrahal42 hotmail com> wrote:

> The translator guide is on CVS (except for the screenshots). You can view it
> as usual here:
> http://perso.club-internet.fr/youcef.rahal/tmp/

Excellent - will review it as soon as I get a chance :-)

> Misplaced question marks '?' mean that the previous statement is uncertain
> and need to be reviewed.
>
> I added a link to Arabic documentation standards (following to what has been
> said today on the 'doc' list). However, other issues: '%s', 'C/C++'
> translation etc should be added to the guide too.

Yeah, all those questions and then some ought to be noted.  I would also
highly recommend passing this link/document to 2-3 newbies (and I do mean
real newbies) and see if it answers all their questions - if not, then
make appropriate modifications.

> I don't know if it would be a good idea to merge the Arabic documentation
> standards with the translator guide ?
>
> Isam, could you please review sections 4 and 5 for accuracy ?
>
> Mohamed, is it technically possible to create a 'kde-commit at arabeyes dot
> org' and a same one for gnome so that people can commit there if they have a
> serious problem ?

I would recommend a single email address of 'commit -at- arabeyes...' since
we could potentially use it for other things (if need be) and it doesn't
become project centric.

Good job Youcef !!