Re: Font samples page

Quoting Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>:

> OK, after about 2 days of mucking with this junk (I wanted to save off
> my MS-Word doc with Arabic fonts in a semi-open format that is small).
>
> The PDF is about 533KB,
> The PNG is about  95KB (save the .doc into pdf, convert pdf into png,
>                         read 3 pngs into xnview, create a panoramic view
>                         that is left aligned of those 3 files and save
>                         the result as png)
>
> Here are the samples,
>
>   http://www.arabeyes.org/~nadim/temp/ae_fonts_sample.pdf

Salam,

This link does not work.

>   http://www.arabeyes.org/~nadim/temp/ae_sample.png

Superb work! First time I see them and I am truly impressed ;)

> I'm thinking we should create this file for all the fonts we mirror/host
> so that people can view the PNG file and know what's there (we'd create
> an image icon (akin to what we've done to PDF docs - that swiggly red
> lines) on the webpages and them reside next to the name of the fonts on
> our 'resources' page).  My only concern is bandwidth, can we mirror this
> off of the sf.net server as well or is it not worth the bother ?

I don't think it's worth the bother. People will have to download something ;)
It's not like we get as many hits as yahoo.com.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir