Re: Move coming (#4)...

Quoting Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>:

> Gents, move #4 is coming (we're going west this time around to bc/.ca
> courtesy of Anmar - nothing from IBM still).  A couple of things need to
> be looked into and fixed ASAP - Permissions.  We have a myriad of permission
> issues on the 'arabeyes' tree (Youcef you own all of the www for instance).
> I highly recommend that each and everyone traverse the /home/arabeyes/* tree
> to make sure that he does NOT own files there and that user 'arabeyes' is
> the
> owner of _everything_.  That will ease life when we start tar'ing everything
> up for a move (I actually stumbled on this while I was trying to update the
> 'resouces' page to include the new font and some file renames).

Salam,

You should never have to modify any page on the website. If you are making
modifications, make them to your local working copy of the localcvs and commit
them. You know the drill..

But in terms of permissions, simply ask infrared on irc to do that. It is one
command for someone with root access.

> The plan as it stands now (and more info will be coming) is to move starting
> next Friday (the 13th :-) evening (PST/-0700).

brrr... sounds interesting ;) Let's hope no one blows up some submarine cables
rendering the link between europe and n. america impossible ;)

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir