Re: Font samples page

Salam,

From: Mohammed Elzubeir
Subject: Re: Font samples page
Date: Mon,  9 Jun 2003 00:25:31 -0500

Quoting Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>:

> Here are the samples,
>
>   http://www.arabeyes.org/~nadim/temp/ae_fonts_sample.pdf

Salam,

This link does not work.

I suppose Nadim meant:

http://www.arabeyes.org/~nadim/temp/ae_font_sample.pdf

:-)

>   http://www.arabeyes.org/~nadim/temp/ae_sample.png

Superb work! First time I see them and I am truly impressed ;)

Yeah, great work, man !

> I'm thinking we should create this file for all the fonts we mirror/host
> so that people can view the PNG file and know what's there (we'd create
> an image icon (akin to what we've done to PDF docs - that swiggly red
> lines) on the webpages and them reside next to the name of the fonts on
> our 'resources' page).  My only concern is bandwidth, can we mirror this
> off of the sf.net server as well or is it not worth the bother ?

I am not sure I understood what you mean ?

Adding the images next to the font name is technically easy. But I prefer to make a text link like 'Preview Font' which points to the PNG or the PDF file (on sf.net) and a 'Download Font' which also points to the zipped file on sf.net.

However, do as you see may fit ;)

Youcef.

MSN Messenger : dialoguez en direct avec vos amis ! http://www.msn.fr/msger/default.asp