Re: A thought on how to attract new active contributors

Salam,

OK. I can make a small translator HOWTO that gathers the information already available about translation: 'How can I help?', FAQ's, my suggestions etc.

I can also append a little the developer HOWTO with the 'step-by-step' instructions.

I can do this in not a long time I hope (say one week at a max). But what about adding quickly some instructions to the website ? I edited the 'how can I help' page and added my suggestions (only about translation).

There's a person who is very interested in starting with the translation, normally he will show up again today on #arabeyes (quoting Nadim). We could tell him to visit the 'modified' help page and ask him if it is clear enough for him. If not, it is a good opportunity to enhance these instructions.

I have also one other suggestion :-)
What about having a 'tmp' directory on CVS. We could put here some temporary files that need reviewing. For example, i could put there my 'how can I help?' page so you three can review it to add, remove, correct things etc... We put it in the Attic after that.

What do you think about it ?

Youcef.

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://search.msn.fr/worldwide.asp