Re: Final Proposal for charter

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 05:42:42PM -0500, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> Salam All,
>   I just commited the draft_charter in ae_admin .. I took the majority's
> suggestions in consideration.. changes include, but not limited to:
> - removal of the section that says that the GC will follow up several
> projects, as this will be held by different coordinators
> - exclusion of a member is core will require %50+ , without giving the GC a
> parting vote on it (was 75%)
> - making the Name of Arabeyes in Arabic ( 3iyoun Al 3arab) I like that name
> as well :-)
> and more that I can't remember now ..
>
> I ofcourse vote for YES for this charter .. per Moe's suggestion, voting will
> be in the charter as a whole .. so let's get this through and move on ..
>
> Another thing.. We need to meet ASAP, as soon as this charter issue is done ..

Thank you Isam for keeping up with this. With your vote of a "yes", I
second it with my own "yes".

I would also like to add a comment though, that I'm sure is not
objectable (we talked about this before).. and that is the last point
which specifies BCc'ing communication. I simply would like to abstract
the implementation and simply note that communication must be archived
and publically accessible (however worded).. instead of restricting
ourself to a certain way of doing it.

So, we have two "yes" votes. Let's get the other two votes in and move
on. We certainly do need a meeting _very_ soon.

later