Re: Draft proposal

Salam,

Before I comment on the proposal, I would like to get a general vote on
the name 'Arabeyes'. Do we want 'Arabeyes' to be '3rabeyes' in Arabic or
'3yun al3rab'? Either way, I don't like the alef there for Arabeyes when
written in Arabic ;)

Okay, on w/ the real business:

(3) fareeq al-ishraf, I would suggest you add (nawat - core) in Arabic
next to it for later reference, so you don't have to insert the English
term hereafter.

(5), (6)  I like ;)

(8)-alef --> I think what is meant here is that after a party/person has
already failed at resolving a given dispute the GC would intervene. If
that could be explicitly stated, that may come to a compromise (w/
opposing views)

(8)-beh --> Again, this is there to resolve deadlocks and not to give
one party more leverage than others. Although I prefer to steer away
from beurucratice processes, perhaps if we have something like, after x
amount of time, and/or x amount of re-votes the deadlock still cannot be
resolved then the GC will have to make a parting vote.

(8)-jeem --> Not sure. One way I am torn between Nadim's take on it (I
kind of agree) and at the same time, there needs to be some kind of
supervisory role.. not so much 'supervisory', but... peer check-ups. If
that can be put in place without making others feel inferior then I'm
all for it. I don't care about the mechanics as long as it gets the job
done.

(13)-dal --> I am also agreeing w/ Nadim here (I'm assuming this is the
same point in the previous message). It is probably better to be more
flexible here, as well as make it based on the timeline a given 'project
coordinator' has accepted him/herself.

(15)-dal --> Instead of making it so explicit, perhaps you can something
to the effect of, all external communications regarding the Arabeyes
project must be archived and available for the public to view. That way
we can decide on a mechanism to implement it in, as opposed to being
tied down to a specific name of a list, etc.

Aside from the above, I think we have gone a long way since the original
proposal. Dare I say, we are getting closer to an agreement [crossing
fingers!]?

later