Re: OpenArabia

On 5/2/07, Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:

[...]
I would caution from doing this since we are a very small (ie. tiny)
community and writing news items and requiring contribution can't be
sustained (linux4arab.com's last news post was in 2005).  The idea
(and again let's keep it simple, basic, manageable and sustainable)
is simply to,

 a. Agreegate RSS feeds from various like-minded organizations
 b. Maintain a repository of various open licensed data (books,
    audio, art, etc)
 c. Provide a means for the "open sourced" community to interact
    beyond source code and software applications
 d. Provide an avenue for job providers to post job listings to
    a very select interest crowd/group
 e. Foster better communication among all groups involved to bring
    us all closer

And I would add to this list:

f. Sponsor award programs (remember ACE?) to recognize those who make
an effort to give to the community.
g. Expand Arabeyes' potential volunteer pool.

Regards,

Abdulaziz,