Re: License Islamic Holy material

Salam,

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 01:29 am, Michelle Konzack wrote:

Salam,

> Each Bible or Tora is Licensed...

Because it's the work of a body of scholars who translated the bible from
ancient, unused languages to modern languages. The versions of the bible, like
the NIV or RSV, is the work of a body of scholars who choose to license their
work. The Bible manuscripts or the tablets of Moses, are not licensed. The
Quran is equivalent to the tablets given to Moses. The only difference is that
one source is constrained to a certain format, while the other has no physical
format. It makes no sense to license such material.

The Quran and the Bible have different natures. Just because both books are
considered holy, it doesn't mean they have the same nature.

When the Muslim says, "Allah," that word originates in the Quran, in a
language used by millions of people. When we read "Moses said, 'My LORD, GOD'
" in the Bible, those words were not what the Creator sent, those words are
translations. Moses never uttered the words "My, LORD, GOD." Moses didn't even
hear the word "Moses" when he was alive. Same goes to Jesus, he never heard
the word "Jesus" or "Christian" or "Bible" during his mission.

Salam,
Abdalla Alothman