Re: Translating our main web site

--- Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug dot org> wrote:
> I'm interested in getting Arabeyes main site translated to Arabic, What
> we need to go on and start translating it? is there is any technical
> limitations.
>
> I can volunteer doing the translation part, just give me files to
> translate.

Youcef Rahal has in the past looked into this issue and he's added the
hooks to allow our custom webpages to query a .po file.  I don't know
of that work's current status and Youcef would be in a better position
to reply - he's posted about his work in the past on various lists
(check the 'admin' list as well) for clues or better yet ping youcef
for his comments and see if you can pick up where he left off.  Keep
in mind that every time this topic comes up some point out that our
current custom PHP pages are too icky to really maintain (all our
pages/code is accessible via public CVS) and that we might need to
move to a proper content management system (CMS) though I believe
any .po file(s) can be reused but its something to think and consider.

You might want to move this discussion to the 'admin' mailing-list.