Re: The graphical Debian Installer

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 07:59:57AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Mohammed Sameer (msameer at foolab dot org):
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just reporting something.
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/images/daily/gtk-miniiso/mini.iso
> >
> > The installer has problems with Arabic, The letters aren't joined.
>

> This is actually still development code, but thanks for mentioning
> it. I've forwarded this to the devel mailing list.
>
> I unfortunately currently give less time to D-I testing. I remember I
> noticed that, visually, there was some problem with the graphical D-I
> for Arabic and, I guess, Persian as well.
>

> We might need someone with the required skills to join temporarily in
> the D-I development team to be sure that these issues are properly
> dealt with (bidi+shaping+harakat stuff, I think).

I've subscribed to debian-boot a few hours ago.

I wanted to have a more detaled look but I failed
to build the installer, I'll try again soon.

The problem is that we are using gtk 2.0.9 which is very old, I'm not sure
I do remember anything about Arabic problems/font handling but I'll try.

Can anyone else help, Please do!

Best wishes,

--
-- Katoob Main Developer, Arabbix Maintainer.