Re: The graphical Debian Installer

Quoting Mohammed Sameer (msameer at foolab dot org):
> Hi,
>
> Just reporting something.
>
> http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/images/daily/gtk-miniiso/mini.iso
>
> The installer has problems with Arabic, The letters aren't joined.

This is actually still development code, but thanks for mentioning
it. I've forwarded this to the devel mailing list.

I unfortunately currently give less time to D-I testing. I remember I
noticed that, visually, there was some problem with the graphical D-I
for Arabic and, I guess, Persian as well.

We might need someone with the required skills to join temporarily in
the D-I development team to be sure that these issues are properly
dealt with (bidi+shaping+harakat stuff, I think).