Interesting contact made at Educ@tice expo in Paris

Hello people,

During these 3 days, Debian has a small booth at the Educ at tice expo in
Paris as part of the "Salon de l'Education", the major yearly expo event for
general Education in France.

We are currently reprsenting the Debian project in the Free Software
Pavillion, along with several education projects based on Debian such
as Skolelinux, SLIS, Abuledu, etc.

During the first day, I had a long and interesting discussion with
M. Bechir Bouraoui, President of the "Centre National Pédagogique" of
Tunisia.

He was very interested in Linux-based solutions for schools and
education system, such as Skolelinux and we rapidly derived on topics
related to Arabic language supprot in Free Software in general (and
Debian and Debian-based custom distributions).

I did my best to explain the current efforts of the Arabeyes project
to bring the best support for the Arabic language in Free Software in
general. I of course pointed him to the web site and encouraged him to
get in touch with people in the project.

This seem to me as being a very interesting contact to keep. I CC
M. Bouraoui to this mail, with the hope that I properly summarized our
discussion.

(For M. Bouraoui: I'm here using the English language which is the
common discussion language most of the time in the Arabeyes
project. "general at arabeyes dot org" is the main discussion mailing list of
the project, where most of the main contributors in the project are
participating)