Re: Mentorship program

--- Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 23:27 -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > This in reply to an email Samy had mailed to 'core' [1].  Samy, as some
> > might already know, has resigned from the 'core' team to pursue this
> > idea more fully among other reasons (Samy's pursuit should certify to
> > people his immense passion to this topic and his utmost commitment in
> > attaining it).  It should also be mentioned that the mentoring program
> > will be rolled-out under the OpenArabia.org (OAO for short) umbrella.
> > OAO is still very much a work-in-progress with alot more details to
> > come.
>
> Obviously I am missing a lot of the action.

You don't need to be given you are subscribed to the proper list(s).
Almost everything we do is either on one of the mailing-lists and/or
is archived in one of the files on our CVS (such as our weekly meetings).

> I am wondering what will go into OAO and what will be Arabeyes area.
> IIRC, openarabia is an 'all-out' open source place, for everything open
> source, including LUGs activities, communities, general portal. Arabeyes
> will still do development/translation, right? So, does mentoring, which
> is linked to cvs committing, and participating in Arabeyes projects,
> belong to OAO?

It will be looked at as an educational venture - so don't look into
it as procedural tutorials (as you seem to imply), but rather as
overall style and substance - education and guidance.

> By the way, will you please notify us in a more prominent way with
> changes to core? In the front Arabeyes page we know about the addition
> on April 26, nothing about the resignation of Samy. And may be we need a

We've never noted resignations; again if you are interested in Arabeyes'
internals (and we most certainly want to encourage more and more interest
in all things related to this project), do please subscribe to the proper
list ('core' in this instance).

> clear link to the core list, a place better than the 'contact us' page.
> Did I mention that the 'contact us' page needs to be updated?

Oops, just updated the contact_us page - thanks (it was an oversight).
As for better organization I'm sure there will be all sorts of changes
when/if our site gets revamped (there has been renewed talk of porting
all to a CMS to bring an Arabic face to Arabeyes).  But your note and
comments are noted.