Re: islam online asking for a live chat with arabeyes.

On Sunday 27 March 2005 22:04, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> > Second, thanks for expressing the idea of not forcing a volunteer to
> > learn something if he don't want to. Still, I doubt they can understand
> > it :(

> and inconsistent sans focus is another (asking people to learn and to get
> educated about what is being done will always be a part of this project).

May be you need to add a link to arabeyes site  for a license called
GPL+(learning). Thanks, I got that we will not tolerate your contribution
forever if you won't learn CVS within a time limit; they are only 4 commands
and if it took you more than 2 hours you are in a problem! Thanks teacher!

> No one was/is being forced to do _anything_ -- don't like it, don't do it.

Our way or the highway! _anything_ here if you recall means we put some
restrictions to accept your contribution to our servers. Yes, I don't like it
and hence I won't contribute via arabeyes. period.

> If we disagree on how to do things then so be it there is NO need to keep
> rehashing the past and/or constantly pointing your finger at that which
> you dislike (not to mention that this is utterly unprofessional).  Focus
> on that which we have in common and that which is positive else no good
> will come from any effort.

I told you I didn't mean to post it here if you can understand and believe.
Surely, you won't tell me not to speak with others about how arabeyes got
this point wrong, do you? I just told Mr. Sameer about my experince with this
issue so he has better save his time.

> (from our end) to why we were saying what we were saying.  In any regard,
> let the money dry up and then we'll see how many "volunteers" will 'want'
> to help you out :-)

Ah! I forgot that 'volunteers' work exclusively for 'arabeyes'. We at
arabic-fedora.org are doing all our work voluntarily at
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-ar mailing list. We
would never say no to someone who would say I want to contribute translation
on paper and don't want to learn CVS. We would be very happy if someone would
say I will hire some translators to help you in 'myway'. We would never blame
ourself if we had fewer volunteers compared with arabeyes. We are not trying
to compete with you so you don't need to be happy for the our failure if ever
happned! We are doing our best for the benefit of  others and to satisfy an
inner feeling in ourselves and hence no need for complications.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the OpenBugs project page at
http://www.arabic-fedora.org/munzir/OpenBugs.html
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-trans-ar
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA