Re: Proposal for Encoding the Quranic Manuscripts

--- Abdulhaq Lynch <al-arabeyes at alinsyria dot fsnet dot co dot uk> wrote:
> So I advise Meor and M Yousif etc to be prepared to set their own
> definitions here, and set the standard themselves. The Open Document
> Quranic Encoding Standard starts here. Build it and they will come so
> to speak,

I agree that we should take the initiative to move forward even if what
we decide upon isn't what unicode deems acceptable, but I do continue
to think that we need to raise awareness about these topics with unicode.
For if they knew our goals and the variety of platforms we're trying to
encompass and the rich set of rules we're working with it might sway them
to rethink their stance(s) and approach.

No matter how you look at it whatever it is that we decide upon will need
to be published somewhere - the whole idea is to put a logical framework
in place so that people can develop "standardized" font files with
appropriate glyphs/tables/etc instead of shipping their own "special"
fonts with their applications just to display the data.

Keep up the great discussion & salam.

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com