Re: Proposal for the Basis of a Codepoint Extension toUnicodefortheEncoding of the Quranic Manuscripts

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 14:29, Thomas Milo wrote:
> Hi Abdulhaq,
>
> Are you sure you are reflecting on the idea of encoding distinctive shaddas
> depending on their use?
> Or may I assume you are endorsing the idea to encode a single vowel
> followed by any of three modulators?

My wife is the the linguistics expert round here (and she's Arab). I'm the
arabic grammar/tajweed guy (and I'm English).

So the discussions using English linguistic terms is a closed book to me (I
confess). But I don't see the need for them when encoding something designed
to represent the arabic concepts that I do know.

wassalaam
abdulhaq