Re: Proposal for the Basis of a Codepoint Extension to Unicode for the Encoding of the Quranic Manuscripts

Further to the list of new code points I would add:

Superfluous Letters الزيادة
This codepoint, called Ziyaada, would be represented in the font as a glyph
that is not intended to be rendered such as a rectangle with the word ziyaada
in it.
It indicates that the letter is superfluous and should not be enunciated.
In the saudi mushaf this is rendered as a circle الصّفر المستدير. In the South
African mushaf it is not rendered.

Signs of Stopping علامات الوقف
It seems to me that the current codepoints are sufficient for now but I think
that this scheme would be more future-proof and applicable to local
variations in rendering if we were to add codepoints for these too.

wassalaam
abdulhaq