Re: first contact

On Wednesday 01 June 2005 12:26, hamed wrote:
> salam every one
>
> This is my first Msg in this forum

Salam. The name of the mailing list is misleading. The Forum mailing list is
only used for discussing Arabeyes policies among other very broad and general
topics. Please use the general mailing list (general at arabeyes dot org)
instead.

> I'm Hamed suhli from syria, I'm responsible on mounthly article in TRONIX
> mag in syria entitled Linux & Open Source.
> now I'm making study about linux experiencies in arab countries & what rais
> this market & how to push it up .

There seem to be a lot of people like you, Hamed, who are working hard for
promoting the Open Source market in our societies. It is unfortunate that all
these efforts are scattered and uncoordinated. Just the same, its a good
things these efforts exist.

> becide this I want to do something in arabeyes
> but because I'm from syria & our Internet,
>  I don't have experience in dialing with distrebuted work

Your not the only one to suffer from the Syrian Internet Dilemma :-)

Do not worry about the small details for now. Once you decide how you will be
contributing to our cause, we will figure out the technical details soon
after.

> I want to watch & learn about this
> where should I begin ??
> & how much time I have to do usefull thing ??

The watching  and learning part, is done through listening to our mailing
lists. The developer list and the documentation list are both good starts.

As to where you should begin and how much time you have its all up to you.
Translation projects are usually the easiest to work on though. And there is
no time pressure, you have all the time in the world to finish anything you
have :-)

Abdulaziz,