Re: fonts

--- Gregg Reynolds <gar at arabink dot com> wrote:
> I would like to make a derived font based on arabeyes_qr_meor.  The
> licensing info in the file says it is distributed under the GPL.  I know
> there has been some talk about non-GPL licensing for Arabeyes fonts;
> is this license correct?

I feel _very_ strongly that all fonts we offer should be under (L)GPL
or similar.  I've thus asked (well implored would be more appropriate :-)
meor to reconsider as there is a heap more benefit from his font(s) being
open to all instead to a smaller subset.  If the idea here is to bring
forth a "standardized solution" then whatever is decided upon (and I owe
the list a "why these code-points email") should really be promoted as much
as possible.  We should also remember that various distro are commercial
vehicles that we should not exclude any of our work from.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs