Re: Quran PDF generation, help needed

Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya wrote:

So, does anyone have any other suggestion on how I can create the PDF?

Good news: http://www.renderx.com/news/index.html

I've used XEP to produce Arabic PDF; it does a pretty good job. I just now found out they've released a free personal edition at the link mentioned above. Apparently the free version prints a "small stamp" at the bottom of each page. But for proofreading I would think that would be acceptable, and if it works the desktop version wasn't too expensive when I got it last Fall, somewhere in the vicinity of $250-300 bucks. (Compared to $1000 for a competing product with Arabic support). Also, if you use XSL to create your PDF, you'll be prepared when open source FO engines like FOP get around to supporting Arabic.

If you need help writing a stylesheet let me know. I can't get to it immediately but maybe this weekend...

-gregg