Patacode

Hi,

Regarding Arabic encoding design: well, it's not finished, but there's enough there to look at, and if I waited until it was finished finished it would never be finished. So I'm inflicting it on the world. Maybe somebody will want to collaborate on it; the XML source is there, under a Creative Commons license.

I think you'll find some interesting stuff; at the very least I think the latin-1 based mapping works quite nicely as a transliteration system. Lots of clever mnemonics. ;)

http://www.arabink.com/  click the `Patacode link.

Feedback heartily encouraged. I'm also going to post an announcement to the Unicode list.

Hope you like it,

-gregg