Re: Intro and a question

--- Rai'da Al-Zu3bi <raida_lists at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> I joined the list to learn about Arabic software and tools that I can make
> available to NGOs I work/volunteer with.  I basically want to know about and
> learn very simple, cost effective and powerful to provide to Arab NGOs.

Great, I really hope you get all that info and more here.

> So, I'm now trying to self-teach myself Linux (through Knoptics (do we have
> it in Arabic?) and Open Source software like e-smith (do we have it in
> Arabic).

There are a number of Arabic distros out there now (all of which started
with Arabbix here on Arabeyes) and we're hoping to bring forth a more
thorough solution with future versions of Arabbix given the project gets
some much needed fresh blood and a movement boast.  As for e-smith, I'm
not familiar with it to comment.

> I'm writing to ask whether you know of blogs and wiki software in Arabic
> that is available on-line for free for use by NGOs?

I don't have any specifics, but I know that most/all of these web
applications are localized now to some degree or another.  I know
the Egyptian LUG (eglug.org) for instance is using an Arabized
version of a wiki yet I don't have the details.

I really hope someone in the know can chime in here and help out, this
kind of info should really be noted somewhere (Arabeyes' wiki) in case
others need it as well.