Re: size betwenn characters in OO arabic

--- belahcene abdelkader <belahcene at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Salam oualaykoum

Wa alaikom assalam wa ra7matou Allah.

> hi my friend

Salam, and welcome here.

> I 've just installed Fedora core 2.0, with it's OO,
> version 1.1.1,
> in the previous there was no problem to write in
> arabic. I mean the caracters are correctly displayed.

Well, in this release of FC, I can't see the Arabic correctly at all in OOo! I
will check if this bug is reported or not.

> In the previous OO-1.0 , We have to add manually the
> arabic fonts by the printer manager, but it ran
> correctly.
> In this version, the arabic fonts exit in the
> software, so first question, how to add new fonts,

I tried using 'ooadmin','soffice','spadmin' but none worked! I'll check on that
too.

> secondly , this is a bug I thing,
> when you write in arabic, the letters are compressed
> at right, so that 2 ou 3 letters in one place, and you
> can't
> read what is written.

This is exactly what happens here. I can see other apps working fine (e.g.
gedit) but not OOo.
http://khayatfamily.net/tests/ooo-arabic.png

> thank you for help

You're very welcome.

> sorry to write directly to your email, I did't find
> Faq list , I avoid to subscribe ( I am already in
> arabeyes  list).

I'm on all Arabeyes list, so you can always send emails here and I will surely
answer ISA.
This should have been addressed to the 'doc' list. Admin, can we please move it
there? ;)

=====
regards,
Ossama Khayat