Re: Lebanese LUG meeting breakdown

 --- Arafat Medini <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:
> I don't want to be sarcastic here, but after passing many weeks "living"
> the mono/.net/longhorn threats, the developments in the linux world
> after Novell came in and with it's release of iFolder/simias under GPL,
> crossplatform developments (are GUIs obsolete?) the flamewars with the
> gnome developers etc etc...KDEs ppl working towards 4.0 (don't forget
> the embedded market...)... I am really wandering if these "enlightened
> beings" did ever concider which demographics they will target with a
> Distro running enlightenment?!!!

While I am not that sarcastic I also wonder. As they are efficient well
organized people I expect they will have specified a reason for a new distro,
as Arabic support is not the (sole) reason and identified their target.
Probably they want to make it as small as possible (for a live CD for example)?
I am really interested to know the reason.

Salam,
Muhammad Alkarouri