Re: He who makes no mistakes...

--- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:

[snip snip]

> DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert in any field in anyway and don't have enough
> time to scratch my head but if at any time under any circumstances, I found a
> a bug that can be exploited on your servers to send spam, delete your cvs
> repository, sniff your passwords, ... I will give myself the complete freedom
> to test without telling in advance and without subscribing to the admin
> mailing list. I also give you the freedom to kick me out of arabeyes and take
> all precautions possible. You are free to secure your servers, to prepare
> curses ready to manage those text-based attacks, ... but you are not free to
> promise others that such silly things won't happen again. No one is
> responsible or sponsoring my deeds. Don't trust me from now on. If you want
> all the secret passwords of members you sent me the other night, I will
> return it back to you or publish it here if you want ;)

Very strange attitude indeed.  I wonder what the company you work for would
say if you walked in to the CEO or a supervisor and "declared" that to them.
I'm sure they would be all smiles and embrace your "love".

Come now...  All that was said is that if you really care (and I believe you
do), instead of working in the dark to scheme plots or intrude on anyone
simply make it known so we can give you the proper forum for you to do that
to _help_ us (yup, help as in we need that type of thing given proper usage
of attacks) to prevent future spam.

> Anyway, let bygones be bygones.

It was a bygone - again, I reiterate what was said.  If you want to continue
with this please do by first informing us of your actions so we can better
channel your attempts (so as not to distract actual working people from their
daily activities) - that's the more professional thing to do at a min.  Start
by subscribing to the 'admin' list.

BTW: If anyone said we are a secure site (and I don't believe anyone did)
     then they were/are wrong.  We are NOT a secure site and the occasional
     spam and attack will happen, but we are committed to fixing problems
     we encounter.