Re: He who makes no mistakes makes nothing (was - I decided to ...)

Salam,

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 00:14, Munzir Taha wrote:

> After my apology I understand to be blamed or for the joke to be called
> silly or bad but I can't understand how can one tell me you are a bad silly
> stupid kid and no one wants to tell him that manners make the man not the #
> of translated words per day. I am not sad at all regarding this it's just
> for you if you want to be loved by others don't confront wrong-doings with
> more wrong-doings. We all have tongues which could utter more offensive
> words except that we learned how to distinguish between deeds and persons.
>
> Speaking about a silly move or shameful work though harsh is acceptable but
> a silly stupid kid would reflect a hard personality.

I'm not saying that using such words was a nice thing. Yet, did you _really_
expect better after what you did ?

> If your harsh remarks are due to this issue only then, once upon a time Mr.
> Elzubeir said: "Starting from next month, the project will be Closed
> Source". He wasted more bandwidth and precious time of members.
> http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2003/April/msg00014.html
>
> Mohammed Elzubeir, Yaser Al-Jarbou, Ossama Khayaat, Mohamed Eldesoky,
> Jamil Khatib, Youcef Rabah Rahal, Ossama Khayaat, Youcef Rabah Rahal,
> Ossama Khayaat, Mohammed Sameer, Isam Bayazidi, Munzir Taha, ... were all
> involved and yet you kept silient.
>
> Let me quote Ossama Khayaat's:"I almost had a hard-heart-attack when I read
> the email!! Please don't do this to us..."
>
> Youcef Rabah Rahal said: "Hehehe.... Good Joke. Well please stop the
> torture, people will start to commit suicide :-)))"
>

> You didn't blamed him at all IIRC!!
>
> It's not all my fault that Yousef did understand bloody things and others
> understand poli-social issues!!

Not your fault ?! If you can't make a difference between both 'jokes' then
there's a problem. If you sent only the first message I _think_ I would not
have made a big deal (see my answer to that one). However, your second
message was simply beyond the limits.

> Funny! First, I believe what you are doing is second to none. Second, if
> you thought (and I don't know how this marvelous idea came to your mind)
> that I am doing this because I want you to step down and I climb to your
> throne, let me announce that I believe I can't do 0.000000001 of your
> achievements.

'Throne' ?!

> > To all this list subscribers: on behalf of the Arabeyes project, I
> > apologize for the behaviour of this individual and we hope that it won't
> > happen again.
>
> DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert in any field in anyway and don't have enough
> time to scratch my head

Seems that you found the time to do that stuff...

> but if at any time under any circumstances, I found
> a bug that can be exploited on your servers to send spam, delete your cvs
> repository, sniff your passwords, ... I will give myself the complete
> freedom to test without telling in advance and without subscribing to the
> admin mailing list.

Nice. At least there's one more reason to justify backups. We just thought
that such crap would come from _elsewhere_.

> I also give you the freedom to kick me out of arabeyes

Noted.

> and take all precautions possible. You are free to secure your servers, to
> prepare curses ready to manage those text-based attacks, ... but you are
> not free to promise others that such silly things won't happen again. No
> one is responsible or sponsoring my deeds. Don't trust me from now on.

If you read well I did not _promise_, I said 'we hope'. Many hopes don't
realise. This does not make me (us) responsible of your acts. As you know,
most of the pirate attacks (more than 80%) come from the inside, and to those
there is mostly no counter-attack. Thus, you are just one more number in the
statistics.

> If
> you want all the secret passwords of members you sent me the other night, I
> will return it back to you or publish it here if you want ;)

Heh. What passwords ?

- --
Youcef R. Rahal
Arabeyes.org