Re: changing "ar" text to "su"

Assalamu Alaikum,

Chaudhary arian wrote:
salamz.....can anyone plz tell how to change "ar" text appearing on saudia arabia flag (which we select from control centre when chosing our desired keyboard in kDE) to "su" .......plz tell me the steps necessary
-------------------------------^^
the country code for Saudi Arabia is "SA" (see below) :)
to achieve this goal..thank u ...allah hafiz

I may be mistaken but I don't think it can be changed, because it is just the representation of the iso language and country codes (ISO 639-1 + ISO 3166 (e.g. en-US,de-CH,ar-SA)).

lets look at the locale "ar-SA":
- The first two characters represent the language as you see it as text above the flag.
- The last two characters represent the country that language is spoken in and is displayed as flag below the language code.
- If we look at the locale in total we see that it means someone is using the Arabic language with Saudi Arabian peculiarities.

You will agree that you do not speak "Saudi Arabian" in Saudi Arabia but Arabic with certain differences from other Arabic speaking countries that are common in Saudi Arabia.
That's exactly what the icon is telling you.
Sorry!

I hope I was able to explain it somehow :) If it was too bad I may try again.

Salam, Riyad Preukschas