Re: gdm, arabic, yudit-daemon and conference

>  is there a way to set gdm
> in arabic?

as for 2.6 the official gdm theme was also translated into Arabic you
have to access the gdm scripts in /opt/gdm I think, or something
similar, and change the default locale, but I don't have any idea how
debian handles this with RH I simply change the locale settings and my
whol distro works in Arabic...

> now openoffice works great with arabic! it is a pity that i still have
> to use yudit to type arabic (i have no arabic keyboard) and then
> copy/paste everytime. isn't anybody there able to program a "daemon" or
> "gnome-applet" that would pay attention to keystrokes combinations and
> then generate other utf8 symbols? better with gnome interface ;-)

use the gnome-applet provided with gnome ;) I use it to write Arabic!!!
right click on the panel -> choose "add to panel" -> utility -> keyboard
indicator, and add any Arabic language to it. That's it!

hmm I'm really wondering which gnome you are using this seems to be a
very special gnome ;) cz I use gnome too (and only gnome) and Arabic
support is good.

> my arabic is still missin' that... but for the rest, your work is GREAT.
> thankyou.

yeah alberto with a "ta" and not a "te" ;) pls tell me what muchachos
means btw ;)

yours
Arafat