Re: Linux presence at the upcoming WSIS

Thanks very much Mraihi:

I will bring this up on our next meeting and will make sure we prepare and register to show what our community has been working on with respect to Linux and Arabic.

Thanks alot of the information.

Kind Regards,

Anmar

contact wrote:

Hello all

During the World Summit on the Information Society which took place in Geneva on December 2003, there was a good presence of Linux (Knoppix) on all the computers for public use (cybercafé). I saw a lot of stands on the ICT4D (ICT for Development) Plateform promoting Free Solutions for "a better world" (there was even some companies offering LPI free tests during the summit + a lot of Linux Live Cds and books).

I have a suggestion, since the second phase of the WSIS is hosted by Tunisia in November 2005, it's a good occasion to give a better presence of OpenSource applications and especially "our" arabic Linux.
The presence of a lot Arabic companies working on that field will be also great as a members of the Private Sector (the accreditation is free).

Think about it links : http://www.itu.int/wsis
http://www.smsitunis2005.tn

Best Regards

MRAIHI Marouen http://www.insatech.net