Re: gnome language = arabic ??

ALBERTO_CORBI wrote:
Hi, this is Alberto Corbi again... the arabic student.

I have the next problem. Yesterday i got a new computer and installed debian... I tried to leave my configuration very similar to the one i had on my old laptop. but now, when i log into gdm i can't find any arabic language option as the one i always found on my laptop gdm conf (language dialog).

hmmm...did you generate the locale using

# dpkg-reconfigure locales

i have generated all possible arabic locales but i still can't see the arabic entry in the gdm language menu. am i missin somehing? do i have to install any deb gnome-arabic package? is it something to do with kernel conf that i may not have correctly done?

Nope.. once you do the locales generation you should be ok. just make sure the locales are active during the "dpkg-reconfigure" command

Good luck

Anmar

thankyou before hand.

alberto.