Re: Pango patch is in

Am Don, den 11.03.2004 schrieb Ahmad Al-rasheedan um 14:29:
> On Thursday 11 March 2004 08:01, Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
>
> > Nice screenshots !
>
> Indeed.
>
> Do we know if installing Gnome through Garnome will get me
> the patch?
No, you need a bleeding edge pango, well at least from yesterday you
only need to find/install pango 1.3.6 rpms/tar.gzs something garnome was
not upgraded to.
If you have a working python which is properly linked you can use
jhbuild, but only if you don't mind installing software in your /opt
directory, this said you'll "only" have to compile till gtk+ I suppose
and you're done.

>  I did this last night, compiled (Yuck) FireFox and
> Harakat were as bad as ever!

Hmm the Q would be: does firefox use pango as it's rendering engine? I am very
unsure about this, as there are two mozilla versions one called "linked
against gtk+" and the other one is standalone, I would say firefox is a
standalone app where gecko uses some internal code to render arabic
sites.
I would recommand you to file a bug (for safety).
Or simply use epiphany, 1.1.10 looks and feels great, download gnome,
install it and you're done...
if you run fedora or RH based distros there are official bleeding edge
rpms out there...
Arabic support is shaping up, with the next release cycle I'll
concentrate on reporting major/minor bugs, I suppose with 2.8 coming out
the whole will look very good. So using gnome from now is a good way to
go...

yours
Arafat