Re: Translated documents - upload ?

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 17:33, Moayyad Al-Sadi wrote:
> Thanx,
> I was wondering about the tag mistakes
> was it in the original sgml or I did it while I'm
> translating or you are talking about the lingual-guide
> .

There were some mistakes (probably carried over from the original
English SGML document). The majority of the issues were related to XML's
stricter structure (<tag> ... </tag> for everything). Also, things such
as & and < > needed to be in &amp; &lt; &gt; respectively, etc.

Things become harder to get when you are dealing with over 1000 lines of
text ;)

> and about what is the lingual-guide it's some of the
> arabic language rules that we should follow.
> ---
> about xml vs sgml
> I know it's case sensitive and need's </sametag> ie
> </> is not allowed and need tags not to be overlab
> [()] not [(])
> is there something more

Read above

> ---
> and ohhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
> the html version is very ugly see the english text in
> arabic contect this what I was asking for for a while
> the html version is to write dir=ltr like this
>   <code dir=ltr>english text</code>

Currently there is no 'automated' way to do this. I know it is possible.
An alternative would be doing it manually for now. However, I am sure
this is do-able from within the DTD.

> -----
> I need to know those things to move the book from html
> to docbook

You can ignore that for the time being. We can easily add that later.

> -----
> outtopic why docbook , why not linuxbook (or is it
> linuxdoc what ever)

DocBook is _the_ way to go. Linuxdoc is no more and if you notice, the
linux documentation project itself moved away from Linuxdoc to DocBook.
It is also slowly moving away from SGML to XML. So, we are essentially
emulating TLDP.org's example.

--
Regards,
Mohammed Elzubeir