Re: gnomeprint and arabic

--- Alberto Corbi Bellot <alberto_corbi at terra dot es> wrote:
> hi... have anyone of you tried to print and arabic text with gedit,
> evolution-1.5 or abiword-2.1? i just get rubbish or arabic being typed
> from left to right with no-ligatures. is it a known gnome bug?
>
> i have a complete gnome 2.6.1 installation with debian testing/unstable.

How does gnome do its printing ?  Do the applications themselves
pre-process/format the docs or do they hand 'em over to another
process (like CUPS or ...) to take care of ?

I know CUPS was (is?) being worked on my Mr. Ahmad.Khalifa (where art
thou my man :-) and he had some wonderful results and needed more testers
(all that work was noted on the 'developer' list).  Lack of testing and
involvement from others will always discourage people from continuing so
we have to be very careful in helping those that are developing (for those
of you that don't/can't develop, testing is a bare minimum).