Re: kacst meeting results

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 01:22, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> [..]
>
> > Munzir Taha wrote:
> > They handle me a report regarding Evaluation of Office packages in linux.
> > They said they forwarded a copy to Arabeyes before. It seemed as if I had
> > missed this report. It's prepared by Yousuf Alharithi and others under the
> > supervision of Dr. alkanhal and Prof. fayz. It's very nice since it points
> > out some bugs that I am sure have not been reported as bugs before.
> > Now, what happened to the bugs page. It's very essential to have it NOW
> > so we can know what's missing and make priorities.
>
> To be fully honest, I don't remember it (Elzubeir ?) but then again we
> do tend to get _lots_ of things -- we'd certainly had made it public if
> we did though.

I did hear of such a paper or report during Gitex, but I never got my
hands on it. It was just referenced during a conversation or two with
Dr. Abdulrahman. If it was sent to me or Arabeyes in general, I most
certainly do not remember.

Could you please forward it somewhere?

I am actually not sure why they don't put things like that up on their
website. It is a little hard for us (Arabeyes) to put their work up on
our docs page for example. Well, unless they explicitly say you can do
it. Otherwise it could imply that it is our work when it is not. The end
result is, we need such papers to be publically accessible and easily
so.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |