Re: Putty test on Windows 2000 AS

--- Ossama Khayat <okhayat at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> I tested the putty.exe provided by Ahmad K. on a
> Windows 2000 Advanced Server today, and I got these
> notes:
> 1. As I understood, it will not do shaping yet? which
> appears in the screen shot here:
> http://www.al-daleel.org/1.png when I view it with
> 'cat'.

Yup, looks like it is doing the right thing; windows'
shaping has been disabled :-)

> 2. When I try to open the same file with 'vi' and :set
> arabic, I see the display is corrupted
> (http://www.al-daleel.org/before.png).

I think you mean Vim ;-)

> 3. The wierd thing is that when I just move the cursor
> over the lines, it becomes easily readable
> (http://www.al-daleel.org/after.png).

Let's not worry about this just yet (sounds like a redraw
problem to me), let's get shaping and Bidi added properly
to PuTTY and then start addressing bugs and anomalies :-)

Thanks and Salam.