Re: getting new members

hello all...

im a new member... maybe you'd like my view on this subject....

what am i doing..?? nothing...
im working on PuTTy's arabic support, but thats going too slow, and i cant help it...

i just complained about the Todo list, maybe your problem is there... u dont structure the
Todo list as little tasks that someone could just say "i did that" and report it...
take a look at the GNOME bounty hunt, its so detailed...
http://www.gnome.org/bounties/

instead you have things like "Check lp, lpr's Arabic situation"... i tried to do that, but then
i got into trouble because of Type 1 fonts... i spent a few hours on CUPS's code and
located the problem to be in the texttops filter... but then when i asked for someone
to check if it prints or not (because i have problems due to lack of Type 1 fonts) i just
got "see YOURSELF if lp and lpr print arabic then its supported"...
how can u say "we'd be happy to help" all the time and you wont even print a
Document...

i think some1 is about to reply with "get this program ttf2***, it changes from ttf to type 1",
or "read the Arabic-HOWTO"
no thank u...

my point here is... im new, i dont know anything, how am i supposed to evaluate
the Todo list and know what i can and cant do...
for example... nadim asked me to help musab with PuTTY, i looked into it, and actually
could do a lot of help there... without nadim's hint PuTTY could've had just one guy working
on it, now they're two...

try to assign tasks to new people and teach them... write Docs about Shaping, etc...
thats what core members should be doing... (Not beating deadlines)...

assign the new guys tasks... dont wait for them to offer help...

and i sort of agree with Arafat on the issue of Marketing Arabeyes....

ak...