Re: arabic wikipedia

On Saturday 07 February 2004 03:43, Elisabeth Bauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It has been mentioned already on this list some while ago: at
> http://ar.wikipedia.org an open content encyclopedia in arabic waits to
> be born.

The web site says "ماهذا الموقع الفاشل"

> change afterwards if it turns out to be wrong. Currently ويكيبيديا
> is used. Is this correct?

Yes sir.

I touched base on the issue of  Wiki long time ago at Arabeyes
but did not get any interrested people. I would very much take
part in Wiki but I am a strong believer of focus; I would do bad
on both Wiki & Wordlist if I commit to Wiki. I like Wiki because
sometimes I translate a word in Wordlist and I feel it needs to
be part of an encyclopedia, hence Wiki.

I am not much of a coder but fast in using Kbabel & a dictionary.
I wish for some Arabic speaking members to take up Wiki seriously
since I find what is displayed on the Arabic section of  Wiki rather
disappointing "ماهذا الموقع الفاشل".

Regards,
--
Ahmad Al-rasheedan (http://webhost.fasttelco.com/asr)