Re: Nafees fonts

--- Awais Hussain <ahussain at sonicwebmail dot com> wrote:
> Have you checked the Nafees Naskh fonts developed at
> http://www.crulp.org ?

Awais, sorry for the delay in replying.  A few comments.  I downloaded
the two fonts that I thought I'd be interested in 'Nafees Naskh' and 'Nafees
Web Naskh' - I then tried both and neither fully worked for me (the shaping
wasn't all there (GSUB tables missing ??), so I'm not sure what the problem
is).  I also noticed that the 2 fonts have different licenses.  The 'Naskh'
is rather restrictive (note items 2,3,4) which renders it anything by useless
except for an end-user singular post-fact download while the 'Web Naskh'
is rather, oddly, liberal and acceptable.

In any regard, I wanted to reply with this info and to also echo your
suggestion to Arabeyes' "general" mailing-list (in the future do please
post there).

Thanks for your note.