Re: Reading Arabic Characters on Sun OS

Hi Nadim,

Thanks for your suggestion.

> Which tool is this and what are you trying to learn ?  Is this a tool
> to teach you Arabic ?  URL please.

I was trying to run a tool called GIZA for Machine Translation.

> 311 octal is C9 hex which is one of the two bytes that make up one of
> the characters so its not enough to decipher what it is that it barfed
> on, but even if you know its letter X, then what ?  That won't solve
> your problem - sounds like debugging this might take some in depth
> library peering (nasty stuff I'd guess).

Yes, it was the std library. I compiled the code on a Sun Machine where it
works and ran with that executable. I also had to copy the std libraries
since it was loooking for that.

So, basically I needed a new version of gcc with the std libraries.

-Hemali