Re: Arabic/Hindi Digit issues

--- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 April 2004 01:38 pm, Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
>
> > But Behdad said that such functionality is not present and
> > there is a serious development need (I guess the functionality
> > won't be there tomorrow...).
>
> I don't know why I can't see any need for serious development here!
> Why can't we/they just convert those 9 numbers to their corresponding
> Arabic numbers, do the calculations, and then convert them back to
> Indic-arabic numbers to display. It should be trivial.

This is a hack and it would be best if we avoided hacks as they tend
to simply cover-up bugs/issues that require genuine solutions.

> If this would be considered as just a hack and not a clean solution,
> again the question arises where do I need to file this bug. Behdad
> mentioned he knows about the issue. It's not enough. We need a bug
> to be filed and well-known by the developers and the Arabic community.

I agree 1000%, could you please take it upon yourself to trace and
follow this bug until a bug-report (or a solution) is created so
this issue can be tracked and solved ?  Do please post on the
'developer' list if you need Behdad's input.

Having problem/issue "OWNERS" is a first step to getting all these
problems resolved.